At the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show, Kia Motors America (KMA) introduced a better way to roll with the world debut of the all-new 2020 Soul, a completely new yet familiar version of Kia’s beloved and award-winning urban runabout. Taking everything that helped popularize the quirky, unconventionally styled subcompact, Kia Motors poured more of its soul into nearly every inch of the vehicle, resulting in a third-generation that continues to transcend unmatched style, peppy performance, thrilling technology, and urban practicality. Proving the point that “there is a Kia Soul for everyone,” the normally aspirated and optionally turbocharged Soul is available in six trim levels – LX, S, X-Line, GT-Line, EX, “EX Designer Collection” – plus the all-new Kia Soul EV (outlined in a separate press release). Pricing will be available closer to expected on-sale date in the first half of next year.
While the Soul stays true to its design heritage with its boxy silhouette and confident stance, its newly sculpted lines, cutting-edge details, and technical lighting elements present the most futuristic, youthful and innovative Soul yet. New exterior design highlights include:
- High-tech front headlight configuration with connecting trim piece accentuates width
Slim-design daytime running lights and turn signal indicators
- Larger front grille with unique two-tone treatment
- Front fenders add volume to clean and smooth surfaces
- Roof rack mounting points
- Three-dimensional wraparound boomerang-shaped taillights
- C-pillars designed to resemble airplane wings
- Signature vertical rear window and “Island” stay true to Kia Soul design heritage
- Distinctive C-pillar garnish features new “Soul” graphic
Music has been an overarching theme for Soul since its inception, and it’s no different this round.. For the third generation, designers and engineers turned up the volume on the interior. Drawing inspiration from the “emotional visualization of sound,” the Kia Soul’s interior space is adorned with shapes and textures that reflect acoustic inspired elements to create a full sensory experience. Interior design highlights include:
- Available sound mood lighting emits soft light from the center door panels and a unique 3D pattern surface on the upper door panels, with the ability to synchronize to the beat of the music playing through the Soul’s audio system
- Sound mood lighting features a rainbow of customizable colors
- Available wireless charging
- Available dual auto climate control
- Soul’s signature tweeter speakers
Despite its compact footprint, the Kia Soul’s boxy dimensions continue to offer up a surprising amount of cargo and passenger space. Slightly longer than before, the 2020 Soul also features more smartly designed packaging in an effort to make accessibility even easier. The 2020 Soul’s stronger structure benefits from an increased use of Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS), hot stamped components, and structural adhesive. With stronger bones, the 2020 Kia Soul is expected to achieve the highest safety ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and National Traffic Highway Safety Administration (NHTSA). The 2020 Kia Soul can be outfitted to convey one’s unique sense of style through a variety of customizable options. Aside from the all-new Soul EV that debuts alongside its gasoline counterpart, the Kia Soul offers even more flexibility according to different lifestyles.
All the pictures on this website are free for personal and editorial use only. To set PICTURE/PHOTO as wallpaper background on your desktop, click on the IMAGE to save 2020 Kia Soul images on desktops, laptops, netbooks, tablets, Apple iPhone, iPad and Android. Right click on the picture/photo you have saved and select the option “Save image as” or “Set As Background”. This 2020 Kia Soul images is provided only for personal use as wallpaper on computers, smartphones or other display devices. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don’t intend to display any copyright protected images.